Divorce Lawyer

Thinking about getting a divorce? 

Attorney Wendy Lever breaks down the three types of divorce and explains the differences...

The 3 Types of Divorce

Select the one that best fits your personal situation

Uncontested Divorce

  • Typically, you can avoid court by filing an Uncontested Divorce between the two parties.
  • Both parties must agree on all issues and be willing to sign divorce paperwork. Our team will handle the rest.
  • Payment plans are available for the Uncontested Divorce service.  The paperwork is filed with the court when you are paid in full. Ask our team when you call.
  • Quick, easy, fast, and less expensive than a contested divorce. The process takes about 6 weeks to complete once filed with the court.
  • At least one of you must have lived in Richmond County, Columbia County, or Burke County for at least 6 months.
  • There is a flat fee for the process from beginning to end. You can split the fee with your spouse.

The key to an Uncontested Divorce working is both of you must be willing to sign.  If you both can agree, and are willing to sign, this process is the best way to go.

Contact Us

Contested Divorce

  • When you can't agree on everything, this is when you will need a Contested Divorce. 
  • When you hire our team, we handle everything for you. You won't need to discuss the divorce with your spouse.
  • This service is based on a retainer fee. We can ask the judge to have your spouse pay your attorneys fees, but ultimately, this decision is up to the judge.
  • We will quickly ask the court to put orders in place for child support, and make it so your spouse can't cut-off utilities or remove you from health insurance. 
  • Need to prove he/she is cheating or hiding assets? We can bring in private investigators for these very reasons. 

The Contested Divorce is what you will need if you can't agree on things such as child support, child custody, alimony,  or the splitting of assets. 

Contact Us

Divorce By Publication

  • This is for you if you split up previously and don't know where your spouse is located. 
  • You will have to file an affidavit stating that you do not know where your spouse is located.  We will help you with this process.
  • We have to publish it in the paper for 4 weeks.
  • Payment plans are available for this service.

Divorce By Publication - You sit with one of our attorneys, tell them all of the details, then they will take the process from there. 

Contact Us

I was so lost when I initially came to Mrs. Lever for legal help. She did everything in her power to help me move forward in my case. She is AMAZING! Extremely professional, incredibly responsive... If I could give 10 stars, I would!

Annie Collins

Our Closing Argument

FAQS About Uncontested Divorce

  • If I do an Uncontested Divorce, can my spouse pay zero child support?  The short answer is no. Couples with children must make filings regarding child support if pursuing an Uncontested Divorce.  This paperwork is quite complicated ( just think of tax forms, it's similar to that ).  
  • My spouse and I agree on everything except one thing, can we do an Uncontested Divorce?  No. An Uncontested Divorce means you agree on everything. We will have to go to court on the part you don't agree on... like alimony, child support, etc. These are big issues.
  • Can I start off with an Uncontested Divorce and then turn it into a Contested Divorce? Yes. This happens quite often. Couples start out trying to go Uncontested, but then end up fighting about money, children, or property...... or the family dog. 

Get Started For Free

You can contact one of our team members for FREE. They will be able to answer your questions about our legal services, and get you booked to come sit with one of our attorneys. We also offer virtual meetings.

Email Address


Phone Number


Our Location

609 Ponder Place Drive, Suite B
Evans, GA 30809

Fax Number


Website Submission

Mailing Address

PO BOX 1104
Evans, GA 30809

Office Hours

Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 6:30pm

Saturday: 9am - 1pm

Founding Attorney

Facebook Messenger

Need Help With A Legal Issue?